Friday, August 16, 2013

Writing them down makes them so much more official!


Okay, I have 30 minutes until I need to leave for our big weekend tennis tournament. I have been mulling over my goals for the year all summer, but here is where I need to make them official.

 1)  Work on establishing positive relationships with my students and parents very early in the year. 
2)   Include problem solving in my class tons more than I do- and reflect on the problem solving through my blog.
3)  Venture into SBG (ala Rick Wormeli)- work completion will be recorded for parent communications, but the grades will be based on showing mastery of the standards.  This one really scares me- but in my heart I know it is what is best for the student learning.
4)    Finish out my appointed position as District 1 Director for MCTM and run for another term.  I’ve never run for an office before so I’m a bit nervous about this.  At my very first meeting one of the other board members said to me that the meetings and MCTM conference participation was her “chance to soar with the eagles.”  I really appreciate the dedicated math leaders in our state and I am learning, growing professionally and loving my time soaring!
5)    Present at our Spring MCTM conference.  I want to have at least 2 relevant topics that will have meaningful activities for participants.  

   This is definitely a full plate... but I think with the work I've put in over the summer and the support network I have, it is achievable.  

No comments:

Post a Comment